Homemade Green Tea Face Mask
Why is homemade green tea face mask? As you know, green tea is beneficial to our health. It also have amazing effects on the beauty. Especially, green tea makes skin fresh, tight and smooth.
Many studies showed that green tea helps to prevent erythema – a skin condition characterized by redness and rash. And it protects skin from sunburn and tan. Furthermore, green tea gives much support in antibacterial and anti-inflammation.
Today, we are going to check out some homemade green tea face masks for skin.
Ways to prepare homemade green tea face mask
There are many ways to make green tea face mask. But I just share you with the most effective and simplest methods in today’s blog. Here we go.
1. Green tea and honey
Honey has antioxidants and various nutrients with antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects. It also helps to prevent acne and increase brightness of your skin. The paste of green tea and honey will clean and absorb redundant oil on your skin for a freshness and youth. It’s very easy to prepare this homemade green tea face mask. All what you need are:
- 1 spoon of green tea powder
- 3 spoons of honey (organic honey is recommended)
And here we are close to a glory face:
- Put green tea and honey into a small clean bowl, mix them well to a paste.
- Apply the mixture to your face. You can use fingers or a brush for it. Remember to clean your hands or brush carefully before use.
- Gently wash your face with warm water after 10 – 15 minutes (when the mask is dry).
- Dry your face and carry on routine skin care.
In order to have best result, apply the mask twice a week and before bedtime. Don’t forget to use sun cream 30 minutes before going out. You can keep the paste in the refrigerator for 5 minutes to make it cool before applying it on your face.
2. Green tea and oat powder
This herbal mask has an amazing effect on cleaning and removing dead skin. Additionally, this homemade green tea face mask is supportive to reduce swelling and bruise as well as make skin soft and smooth.
For making this homemade green tea face mask, you will need:
- 1 spoon of green tea powder
- 1 spoon of oat flour
Then you carry on same steps which I mentioned in the part of making honey and green tea mask. You can also add honey and fresh milk to the mixture of green tea and oat powder.
3. Green tea and lemon (lime)
A combination of green tea and lemon helps to remove pimples and acne scars. Also, the mask will cleanup sebum and oil. As you know, lemon has a wonderful effect on antibacterial; therefore, skin will be glowing and gorgeous.
- 1 teaspoon of green tea powder
- ½ teaspoon of lemon juice
You need to mix green tea and lemon juice well in a small clean bowl. Then you take a piece of cotton to apply the mask to your face. When it is dry, use another piece of cotton to apply another layer on the face. Repeat the procedure until you finish the paste and wait for 5 minutes. Finally, wash your face and do routine skin care.
- Remember not to use much lemon juice in case you are having lots of pimples.
- Avoid eye area.
- Store the paste in refrigerator within a week if you don’t finish it one time. However, stop using it if any bad smell comes out.
4. Green tea and coconut oil (or olive oil)
Coconut oil provides skin with moisture and make skin white, bright and smooth. This homemade green tea face mask requires:
- 3 spoons of green tea powder
- 1 spoon of coconut oil
- 1 spoon of lemon juice
You have to make a paste of those materials, then cover it on your face, massage it gently and keep it dry (about 15 minutes). After that, clean your face with cool water.
5. Green tea and apple vinegar
This mask has effects on oil reduction, acne treatment and making skin glory and healthy.
It is quite easy to prepare this homemade green tea face mask. All you need to be:
- Green tea powder
- Apple vinegar
- Put them into a small bowl and make a paste. Apply the mixture on your face for 20 – 30 minutes. After that, wash your face with warm water.
6. Green tea, tomato and fresh milk
This mask brings many benefits in ageing- resistance, smooth and tightened skin.
- ½ piece of tomato (remove all seeds)
- Grind tomato, mix it with green tea powder and milk to have a paste.
- Apply it on your face and keep for 20 – 30 minutes, then use cool water to wash your face.
7. Green tea and yogurt (sugar free)
- 1 spoon of green tea powder
- 2 spoons of yogurt
Mix green tea powder and yogurt and make them a thick paste. You use clean hand fingers or brush to apply the mask on your face. Relax in 20 – 30 minutes and wash your face with cool water. This homemade green tea face mask helps to reduce bruise and burnt as well as make your skin become brighter and younger.
8. Green tea and Aloe Vera
Another homemade green tea face mask mentioned today is Green tea and aloe vera.
To make this mask, you need to wash Aloe Vera, then extract its gel. You can use a spoon to do this. Grind aloe vera gel and add one spoon of honey (organic honey is recommended) to a small bowl. After having a paste, apply the mask, massage your face gently. Relax in 15 – 20 minutes and wash face with water.
This homemade green tea face mask can heal your burnt and reduce acne.
9. Green tea and milk (sugar free)
- Green tea powder
- Fresh milk
Pour milk into a small bowl with green tea powder, mix them until a paste form. Before applying this mask, you need to clean your face for best effectiveness. Cover your face with the paste and wash it after 20 – 30 minutes with water.
As using the mask of green tea powder and milk, your skin is improved thanks to its antibacterial activity. Your skin is also softer, smoother and less acne, even wrinkles can be reduced with this homemade green tea face mask.
10. Green tea and purified water
The last homemade green tea face mask that I’d like to share you today is Green tea and purified water.
This is the easiest and most simple mask to prepare. With this mask, bruise and acne are reduced; skin becomes brighter and whitener.
You just follow similar steps as making the paste of green tea powder and milk (method number 9).
Things to keep in mind:
- Because those are herbal masks, your patience is highly appreciated. You can pick up any of above homemade green tea face masks which are suitable with your skin and situation.
- For best result, apply the mask 2 – 3 times / week.
- You need to have enough sleep. You can also combine masks and drinking green tea (or matcha).
- Organic herbals will be totally perfect and beneficial to your skin and health.
Depend on your skin situations, you can try other homemade face masks. Check here for details.
Sam is her name. She started this blog incidentally. It's a place where she would love to share helpful stuff to people around her. She feels happy to have more friends through this blog. She hopes visitors and readers can pick up a thing on her page for their real life. With her, "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." (Leonardo da Vinci) and "None of ladies are ugly, but only those who have not discovered their hidden beauty and charming yet." So she is going to write about skin care, fashion and other beauty related stuff. Also, family is the most important and beloved place to her. She's like to have some family topics that whole family can spend their time together after work or school. Some people who work overtime at every time and every places for career development, and for their beloved. But they forget to care themselves. They may encounter with health problems. So in this page, Sam also wants to share some topics relating to food and healthcare. She hopes you, the readers, shall have a good time when you visit her page. Be confident, Be happy, Be you!