AMAZING BENEFITS OF GREEN TEA
What are amazing benefits of green tea to our health? Green tea is really good and helpful to our health thanks to its antioxidants and nutrition. We can find a lot of amazing benefits of green tea. Today, I would like to share you with those wonderful profits of it.
Benefits of green tea to our health
If we consume this herbal every day with sufficient amount, what are the benefits of green tea?
1. Weight loss
Green tea is good in digestion and burning fat that have effects on losing weight. Caffeine contained in green tea can enhance succus gastricus to improve digestive system and burn redundant fat. Also, substances and vitamins of green tea help to reduce fat in the body. The result and performance depend on each of particular bodies due to their different adaption.
2. Prevent diabetes
Green tea contains EGCG which have effects on harmonizing blood sugar (glucose) level.
May studies showed that drinking six cups of green tea every day will be helpful to Type 2 diabetes prevention and treatment. However, there is caffeine in green tea can increase glucose. So those people who face with difficulties in controlling glucose need to meet their doctors before drinking green tea for a type 2 diabetes treatment.
3. Remove foot odor
To get rid of foot odor, you just need to soak your feet in green tea every night before bedtime. By doing this frequently, smelly and sweaty feet will be reduced.
Green tea has another amazing benefit to soothe irritation caused by sunburn. Similar to foot odor, you need to keep your feet into the green tea for few minutes.
4. Treat bad breath (halitosis)
The simplest method to completely eliminate this odor is to boil 100 grams of green tea with a large glass of water. Then you add a teaspoon of baking soda to the solution and brush your teeth with it every day. As applying this method frequently, you will get fresh breath and white teeth as well as healthy gums.
5. Cancer fighter
Green tea is also considered as an effective way to prevent cancer.
Many researchers have believed that antioxidants help to slow down aging and prevent cardiovascular (heart) disease, stroke and cancers. Green tea contains a lot of antioxidants which assist to prevent the production of harmful enzymes and tumor invasion as well as slow down cancer growth. Many studies have shown that green tea does not only protect the body against cancer, but it also helps to reduce the size of tumors. Researchers also believed that the polyphenols contained in green tea may kill and prevent the development of cancer cells.
- A Swedish study within 15 years which had done with more than 61,057 women showed that the women who daily drank more than two cups of green tea got a 46% lower risk of ovarian cancer compared to non-tea drinkers.
- In a study of 472 women with various stages of breast cancer, researchers did find that those who regularly drank green tea had a decrease in the spread of breast cancer. Also they found that women having early stages of disease who drank 8 cups of green tea per day were less likely to experience a recurrence after completing their treatment. Additionally, the women under 50 years ago consuming 3 or more cups of green tea every day were 37% less likely to breast cancer growth compared to non-tea drinkers.
- The study of a Taiwanese university showed that drinking one or more cups of green tea per day may reduce the risks of lung cancer. Lung cancer is mainly caused by tobacco. The study was experienced with 170 patients having lung cancer and 340 healthy patients. It showed that smokers and non-smokers who did not drink green tea were more likely to get a risk of lung cancer compared to those who had at least one cup of green tea every day. Starting the habit of drinking green tea regularly and giving up smoking can reduce the risk of lung cancer as well as limit the growth of tumors in the body.
- Other studies found that green tea can prevent bladder cancer. The women who drank black tea or powdered green tea were less likely to spread bladder cancer.
- Many other studies demonstrated effects of green tea in cancer prevention including colorectal cancer, esophageal cancer, prostate cancer, skin cancer, stomach cancer, etc.
Although green tea has a lot of benefits, the patients with cancer should meet and get consultancy from your doctors before adding it to your daily drink.
Green tea compound may prevent leukemia, according to a research. Patients with leukemia took pills containing EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate) twice a day, the researchers found patients’ health condition was improved.
7. Heart disease
Green tea may lower heart disease risk. One study with 40,530 adults in Japan found that those who drank more than five cups of green tea daily got a 26% lower risk of death from heart attack or stroke compared to people who drank less than one cup of green tea per day.
Researchers pointed some effects of green tea on preventing heart disease. Green tea may reduce obesity which is more likely to develop cardiovascular disease. Combination of drinking green tea and doing exercise had a significant reduction in weight and health improvement.
Additionally, researchers also found that green tea may lower harmful cholesterol (LDL) and increase good cholesterol (HDL).
Wise consumption, maximize benefits of green tea
In spite of positive effects of green tea, we should not drink it too much. Overconsumption can cause harmful effects due to its content of caffeine, aluminum and effects of polyphenols on iron bioavailability. Green tea also have some side effects to drinkers such as difficulty sleeping, anxiety or stomach problem.
This article is just for general information. Before taking green tea as your daily beverage, you are advised to meet your doctor, especially those who have cancer issues and cardiovascular disease. Please do not over-consume green tea which will cause side effects.
Sam is her name. She started this blog incidentally. It's a place where she would love to share helpful stuff to people around her. She feels happy to have more friends through this blog. She hopes visitors and readers can pick up a thing on her page for their real life. With her, "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." (Leonardo da Vinci) and "None of ladies are ugly, but only those who have not discovered their hidden beauty and charming yet." So she is going to write about skin care, fashion and other beauty related stuff. Also, family is the most important and beloved place to her. She's like to have some family topics that whole family can spend their time together after work or school. Some people who work overtime at every time and every places for career development, and for their beloved. But they forget to care themselves. They may encounter with health problems. So in this page, Sam also wants to share some topics relating to food and healthcare. She hopes you, the readers, shall have a good time when you visit her page. Be confident, Be happy, Be you!