Top 5 Remedies for Diabetes
Top 5 remedies for diabetes. Considered as a “silent killer”, diabetes is a disease involving in high blood glucose level in the body. Diabetes is one of the major causes of brain, eye and cardiovascular diseases, and others. This disease has become more popular and serious worldwide at the rate of diagnosed diabetes increasing with age. Addition to Western medicine, there are several herbal medicines that support in diabetes treatment. The following are top 5 remedies for diabetes.
1. Lady finger
One of the top 5 remedies for diabetes includes lady finger. This vegetable is a rich source of fiber and antioxidant qualities which help in better digestion, avoid high blood pressure by reducing cholesterol absorption into bloodstream, and prevent coronary artery disease and colitis. With diabetes, fiber contained in lady finger supports in controlling blood sugar level. Using lady finger, the level of blood sugar will not drop suddenly compared to insulin injection.
How to use lady finger for diabetes:
- Wash 2 ears of raw lady finger, soak them into salt water in 15 minutes;
- Cut the ends of lady finger;
- Slit them into two halves vertically (lengthwise);
- Immerse those pieces of lady finger in a glass of cooled boiled water;
- Cover the glass of water, leave it overnight;
- Remove the lady fingers from the glass of water in the next morning, before breakfast;
- Drink all the sticky content released from lady fingers.
For more benefits of lady finger, you can read 20 benefits of ladyfinger.
2. Bitter melon
As written in previous post Amazing Health Benefits of Bitter Melon, bitter melon is another of top 5 remedies for diabetes.
Bitter melon contains the active substances including charantin and steroidal glycoside which help lower blood sugar level, reduce the risks of eye disorders such as retina and cataracts. This vegetable is an active antioxidant supporting in removing free radicals – one of the major causes of diabetes.
How to use bitter melon for diabetes:
- Wash one medium size of raw bitter melon; soak it into salt water for 15 minutes;
- Remove seeds of bitter melon before extracting its juice in a juicer or blender;
- Drink this juice every morning for at least two months.
- Wash raw bitter melons;
- Slice them into thin pieces (remove seeds)
- Dry them with the sun;
- Grind them into powder;
- Take 12 – 20gr of the powder of bitter melon daily, divide it into two times a day, after meals. Mix the powder with cooled boiled water;
- After 2 months, reduce the quantity to 6 – 10 gr per day.
3. Mango leaves
Mango leaves contain anthocyanin which is helpful to lower blood sugar level in the body. In traditional herbal medicine, mango leaves are used for diabetes and the prevention of its complication to eyes and blood vessels.
How to use mango leaves for diabetes:
- Wash 4 – 5 tender leaves of mango;
- Slice them into small pieces, and keep them in a clean glass / mug;
- Boil water, pour it into the glass / mug;
- Leave it till the next morning, remove mango leaves in the glass;
- Drink the water with empty tummy;
- Have breakfast after 15 – 20 minutes.
4. Avocado leaves
Addition to mango, the leaves of avocado are also listed in top 5 remedies for diabetes thanks to the glycoside content. Glycoside gives much support in controlling the overconsumption of calories of the ordinary sugar.
How to use avocado leaves for diabetes:
- Wash 7 – 10 fresh avocado leaves;
- Add 10 soup bowls of water to a sauce pan;
- Cook avocado leaves until the volume of water reduces a half (about 5 soup bowls);
- Cool the avocado leave water. You can store it in refrigerator;
- Drink 3 times a day, before meals;
5. Aloe vera
Considered as one of the top 5 remedies for diabetes, aloe vera is an incredible herbal medicine with full of nutritional benefits. Aloe vera contains fiber, calcium, magnesium, zinc, manganese, chromium and other properties which are important for glucose metabolism by improving insulin effect. Aloe vera’s gel assists in regulating blood sugar level and fight diabetes effectively. It helps eliminate toxins out of the body and reduce excess sugar in the bloodstream.
How to use aloe vera for diabetes:
- 1 medium leave of aloe vera, wash it carefully to remove dust;
- Leave it in salt water for 10 minutes, wash it with clean water again;
- Remove the firm white teeth (thorns) at its leaf margins;
- Grind it in a clean blender, filter it for juice;
- Drink one tablespoon of aloe vera juice for 3 times a day (15 minutes before meals).
- Boil 1 medium leave of aloe vera (must wash it before use);
- Cool it, take one tablespoon of boiled water of aloe vera. Drink three times per day, 15 minutes before meals. You can also eat the cooked leave of aloe vera.
- Eat raw aloe vera leaf, maximum 3 times a day. You can prepare it as salad. This way might be unappetizing for some people.
Top 5 Remedies for Diabetes – herbal medicine
Each of remedies for diabetes requires patience and optimism. In order to avoid any unpleasantness while taking those herbal medicines, you should have consultancy with your doctors or herbalists. You also check your blood sugar levels regularly and improve lifestyle to prevent diabetes.
Hope you find helpful information in this blog and share your experience in applying herbal medicines. You can also get details in curing diabetes with lady finger and bitter melon.
Sam is her name. She started this blog incidentally. It's a place where she would love to share helpful stuff to people around her. She feels happy to have more friends through this blog. She hopes visitors and readers can pick up a thing on her page for their real life. With her, "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." (Leonardo da Vinci) and "None of ladies are ugly, but only those who have not discovered their hidden beauty and charming yet." So she is going to write about skin care, fashion and other beauty related stuff. Also, family is the most important and beloved place to her. She's like to have some family topics that whole family can spend their time together after work or school. Some people who work overtime at every time and every places for career development, and for their beloved. But they forget to care themselves. They may encounter with health problems. So in this page, Sam also wants to share some topics relating to food and healthcare. She hopes you, the readers, shall have a good time when you visit her page. Be confident, Be happy, Be you!